Friday, July 15, 2011

Your Wedding Day, CUSTOMS AND SUPERSTITIONS

Do you believe in superstitions? Growing up, my grandmother would say "do not sweep your feet with the broom or you will be single for life". Hmmmm maybe that is why I am still single. LOL!! Anyway.... I found some funny wedding superstitions that I thought were interesting.


1) When the bride is ready to leave the house for the wedding ceremony a last look in the mirror will bring her good luck. ( I think all brides look in the mirror before they leave their homes,that is just a normal routine- we always have to look fabulous)



2)It is traditional for the groom to carry the bride over the threshold when they enter their home for the first time (I agree!! I am pretty after dancing with your stunning Jimmy Choo shoes, you should be carried into your home.)


Check out these stunning Jimmy Choo studded sandals


Zafira


3) It is the best man's duty to protect the groom from bad luck. (So single ladies don't even look at the best man because he has to absorb all the drama for the day)

4)It is said that the first partner who buys a new item after the wedding will be the dominant one . (That is fine with me, I don't believe in myths)


5)If a single woman sleeps with a piece of wedding cake under her pillow, she will dream of her future husband.( I don't think this will work, if you try it please keep me posted)

No comments:

Post a Comment